When your skin care routine starts to feel ineffective or just plain blah, it’s time to create a new one. But, with so many products on the market, finding the right solutions for your skin can feel overwhelming. In this post, we’ll provide a few tips to narrow your search and bring lasting results.
Come on, let’s tap into your radiance.
1. Choose New Products Wisely
It’s tempting to choose a random, attractive product off the shelf. But, this might lead to the same problem as before: an ineffective skin care routine. Do a little research and figure out what your complexion needs. If you haven’t already, determine your skin type and concerns. For example, oily skin is shiny and prone to breakouts whereas dry skin can be flaky and itchy. A thick moisturizer is ideal for dry skin but disastrous for oily. See what we’re saying?
Once you know what types of products you need, check customer reviews to ensure you’re making a smart investment. Also, don’t forget to check the ingredients list. Too many products contain chemicals that do more harm than good. Opt for natural products that are nourishing without harmful side effects.
2. Cover All Your Bases
An effective skincare routine includes steps to both purify and restore the complexion. To see results, include the following in your routine:
- Cleanse: Use a hydrating cleanser that doesn’t strip away your skin’s natural oils which form a protective barrier. We think pineapple juice is a key ingredient here as it is a natural exfoliator and also has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Exfoliate: Use a gentle exfoliator 2-3 times a week to purify the skin without causing irritation or damage. Our Red Erase Facial Scrub checks all the boxes.
- Renew: Use a facial mask 2-3 times a week to detoxify the pores and brighten the skin. This step doubles as a little relaxation time— soothe yourself along with your skin. Our Glow Dust Facial Mask is a silky dream.
- Tone: Toner gives your skin a nutrient boost and encourages product absorption. That being said, avoid products that contain alcohol and go for natural ingredients like witch hazel and apple cider vinegar instead.
- Moisturize and protect: Layer on elixirs and creams to lock in the benefits of your skin care routine, hydrate, and protect the skin from pollutants. In the morning, apply sunscreen to protect against damaging UV rays.
3. Be Patient & Consistent
Rome wasn’t built in a day, and neither was healthy skin. It might take some time to reap the benefits of your new skincare routine but, with patience and consistency, you will.
The epidermis (the outermost layer of skin) takes around 30 days to turn over once, so you won’t see the benefits of the product until then. Actually, you’ll need to wait around 3 months to see any biological effects on the dermis (the second layer of skin). Happy with what you see? Rock on. Otherwise, experiment with other products. Of course, if a product causes irritation or an allergic reaction, don’t wait to discontinue use.
The more consistent you are with a product, the faster you’ll see results and know if it’s right for you.
Now that we’ve given you a few tips, it’s time to experiment and create a routine that supports your skin sparkle. Do your research, follow some simple steps, and be patient. Oh, and don’t forget the end goal— a happier, healthier complexion (and you).
At Yellow Beauty, we’re here to help you glow. Our natural skincare products— from cleansers to face masks— are designed to be kind to your skin and the environment. We use wholesome ingredients that have been in style for centuries.
Have questions? Let’s connect via live chat. We want to help you find the right products.